Essential Gear list for climbing Mt. Damavand
Damavand Mountain is the highest peak in Iran and is a popular destination for hikers and mountaineers. To climb Damavand, you need to be prepared with the right equipment to ensure your safety and comfort during your ascent. Here is a detailed equipment list for climbing Damavand Mountain:
Attention, your clothes should be fast-drying products that are produced for sports purposes and do not contain cotton.
This list is general and can change depending on the climbing route and weather.
- Base layer: A moisture-wicking and breathable shirt and pants made of synthetic materials such as polyester or nylon.
- Insulation layer: Fleece or softshell jacket and pants for warmth.
- Shell layer: A waterproof and windproof jacket and pants made of Gore-Tex or similar material to protect you from the elements.
- Gloves: Waterproof and insulated gloves for warmth and protection against the cold.
- Hat: A warm and windproof hat to cover your head and ears.
- Socks: Thick woolen or synthetic socks to keep your feet warm and dry.
- Mountaineering boots: Sturdy and waterproof boots with good ankle support and a rigid sole to provide traction on snow and ice.
- Gaiters: Waterproof gaiters to keep snow and moisture out of your boots.
- A backpack with a capacity of at least 50 liters to carry your gear.
- A waterproof cover to protect your backpack and gear from rain and snow.
- Map and compass: To navigate your route.
- GPS: Optional but helpful for navigation.
- First aid kit:
- A small first aid kit with essential items such as bandages, gauze, antiseptic, and pain relievers.
- Other items:
- Sunglasses: To protect your eyes from the glare of the sun and snow.
- Sunscreen: To protect your skin from the sun’s harmful rays.
- Snacks: High-energy snacks such as energy bars and nuts to keep you fueled.
- Headlamp: In case you are hiking in the dark.
- Sleeping bag
This is a general list of equipment that you will need to climb Damavand. Depending on the time of year and the conditions, you may need additional gear. Tent, clean water and hot meals and daily snacks are included in the all Two Ararat climbing tours.